Thursday, March 26, 2009
Last few days before Mike entered the MTC on March 25th, 2009.
We had a gathering for Mike at the Reynolds. Many of Mike's friends came to show their support. We are grateful for all of their support. The next day Mike and many of his friends sang at the baptism of Lucas Brooke, it was beautiful. Then he had to say goodbye to Morgan and Terie. The next day we drove to Utah with a stop in Reno to say goodbye to Leslie & family. Tuesday we had a wonderful luncheon with Paul's family and cousin Amiee came home in time to say goodbye. Mike was set apart by Paul at Grandpa Watkins place and Chris was able to participate. Wednesday we picked up Reed Hill who went to the MTC with us. Chris met us there and we had to say goodbye. It is a very bitter/sweet experience. We are so proud of Mike.

3 comments:
Nice farewell video clip. I wish we could have made it to the Reynolds last Saturday to say good bye. I was just a bit under the weather. Mike will be an awesome missionary!!! Our prayers, love and support go out to Elder Watkins and to you Dena & Paul. We love you all!
Love, Mark, Audrey & Christopher
Mom great pictures. Sure wish we could've been there too. Thanks for documenting everything so well. We miss you. Can't wait to spend more time there. Les
I'm really excited for Mikey. Also, I know Lucas!! He was here in my ward in San Diego. I had no idea he wasn't a member until he got up and bore his testimony the last sunday he was here, the week before his baptism. Really great young man. He and I found out we know the same people, you guys!
Post a Comment