Sunday, August 8, 2010

Finishing touches!

These are pics of one of our projects yesterday. We were sealing the cement patio with a lacquer finish. We love how it sure makes the colors pop. We will need to do another coat when we get back from our cruise but it is protected now.

I love how the colors turned out!


Dad sprayed the lacquer on with a little sprayer and it gives it the wet look.

This is our harvest from the garden last night. I felt like making some salsa, so I hit the garden and found a huge bowl of tomatos, a bunch of peppers, they aren't very hot but add flavor, and 3 canteloupe that were ripe, a cucumber and zucchini of course.

6 comments:

Emilie said...

I LOVE it!! Can't wait to see it...

P.S. I'm jealous of your garden

Kareena Watkins said...

I love the picture of you Dena-the produce and you barefoot! Classic. The new cement also looks amazing!

Caren said...

Is your patio the stamped concrete? it looks great!!
And it was so fun to see you guys...I really hope that we get to hang out on your next trip. Even though I wasn't there in the good old days, I can wax nostalgic with y'all!1

Shelley said...

Wow the cement looks amazing! And I too am jealous of your garden... some day, some day... :)

paul and dena said...

Yes, it is stamped concrete.

Brittany said...

Your yard looks amazing!!! Totally jealous of your garden! I can't wait to have one!


I just read Shelley's comment after writing this and noticed it sounds very similar =P