Sunday, October 10, 2010

My trip to Arizona!

I had the wonderful opportunity to go help Emilie and Ben when their baby was born! I spent a few days with them prior to the birth and a few afterwards. We had a wonderful time! Henry is a beautiful baby! Charlie and Myles love him! They were so excited to have a new baby brother. Emilie and Ben are amazing and I am so appreciative of the way they are raising their children. Thank you for letting this grandma come to share in this experience for a short while! Grandpa really wanted to come too, but had to stay home and work, so he kept himself very busy working on the yard and the house. I don't have very many of the inprocess pictures because I had the camera with me. So following the video are a few pics of the nearly finished project.

Here are a few pics of the yard and house projects Paul has done. There is still a lot more to do of course, but this is the start and needed to get done before the rains hit.

Notice the planters made from the blocks. Thanks to the YM of the Green Valley ward who moved all the dirt from our driveway to the planters.

Paul, Morgan and good friend Mark Gomm replaced all but one piece of siding from the patio area of the house and all of the siding along with removing the old grape arbor and plants from the back side of the house.


We now have two new bathroom windows too!



1 comment:

Emilie said...

Ya know Mom...you have a standing invitation and an airmatress and grandkids waiting for you :) We had a blast and are learning to live without you. Thank YOU for coming and helping so much!!

And Dad, thanks for sacrificing your wife for a week and a half :) She should leave more often...look at what you got done!!!